Material Physics Department (DFM)
Room 157 building 7
|tel.||+48 22 273 16 19|
|Director of the Department|
Professor Jacek Jagielski
|tel.||+48 22 273 14 43|
Department scope of activities
1. R&D works:
- in condensed matter physics/material science and engineering
- on materials applicable in nuclear power generation industry/fuel cycle
- on experimental methods/techniques/IT tools applicable in that field.
2. Providing material testing services to external entities.
- Material Testing Lab (LBM)
- Nuclear Methods in Solid State Physics Division (FM1)
- Plasma/Ion Beam Technology Division (FM2)
Material Testing Lab (LBM)
- Basic research in material science and engineering.
- Testing of microstructure, strength before and after irradiation, corrosion resistance.
- Expert opinions/material testing/attesting services offered to external entities.
LBM’s Quality Assurance System has been certified by Polish Accreditation Centre.
Nuclear Methods in Solid State Physics Division (FM1)
R&D works on utilization of nuclear radiation/X-rays in condensed matter physics, in particular studies of condensed matter structure using neutron scattering/diffraction, X-ray diffraction, and Mossbauer spectroscopy.
Plasma/Ion Beam Technology Division (FM2)
- R&D works on interaction of plasma/ion beams with solids.
- Applications of plasma/ion beams for modification of surfaces of materials.