MARIA Reactor Operations Division (EJ2)
Świerk, building R2A, phone 22 273 10 88, email EJ2@ncbj.gov.pl
- Eng. Piotr Witkowski, Piotr.Witkowski@ncbj.gov.pl
- Eng. Ireneusz Owsianko MSc, Ireneusz.Owsianko@ncbj.gov.pl
Structure – Team Leaders
- Operator Team (DOM) – Eng. Paweł Nowakowski, MSc.
- Mechanical Workshop (DMM) – Eng. Ryszard Stanaszek MSc
- Electrical Workshop (DEM) – Eng. Piotr Szaforz MSc
- Instruments Workshop (DAM) – Eng. Tomasz Witkowski
- Dosimetry Lab (DDM) – Eng. Jan Lechniak MSc
Objective of the Division is to operate the MARIA research reactor in line with all nuclear safety/radiation protection requirements (Nuclear Law, other regulations, MARIA Reactor Safety Report).
Operator Team (DOM) responsibilities:(i) facility supervision (access control, coordination of actions undertaken within the facility, documenting reactor state, keeping records of movable reactor core elements/irradiated isotopes); (ii) technical reactor operation (control room duties during reactor start-up/power operation/shut down phases, performing tests and verification of reactor technological sub-systems, conducting reactor state analyses).
Responsibilities of the DMM/DEM/DAM workshops include running maintenance/tests/repairs of the respective technical sub-systems and maintaining their engineering documentation.
Responsibilities of the Dosimetry Lab (DDM) include taking care of radiation protection of the staff and other persons within the facility, as well as documenting radioactive substances released into the environment from the reactor.