PhD candidates - Novel Radiopharmaceuticals for Medical Applications | MAB NOMATEN2021.10.25 16:57 - Anna Sawińska
PhD candidates - Assistant Research (PL form “Asystent”)
Novel Radiopharmaceuticals for Medical Applications
NOMATEN Centre of Excellence,
National Centre for Nuclear Research (NCBJ),
NOMATEN Centre of Excellence (CoE) is formed through a scientific partnership between the National Centre for Nuclear Research (NCBJ-Poland), the French Alternative Energies and Atomic Energy Commission (CEA-France) and the Technical Research Centre of Finland (VTT-Finland) with joint financial support from the Foundation for Polish Science (FNP) and the European Commission. It is currently composed of 5 Research Groups and is directed by Mikko Alava. NOMATEN CoE focuses research on the development and assessment of innovative multifunctional materials for industrial and medical applications, and linked to the latter, is currently growing the “Radiopharmaceuticals” group.
Its ambition: to build a team composed of world-leading researchers and young, highly motivated people who are passionate about developing of novel diagnostic and therapeutic approaches to defeat cancer disease.
More info about NOMATEN CoE and the detailed project descriptions at http://nomaten.ncbj.gov.pl
2 positions exist on the PhD student level in NOMATEN Research Group „Radiopharmaceuticals” (leader dr. hab. Marek Pruszyński) related to conducting studies in the field of development of novel diagnostic and therapeutic radiopharmaceuticals, starting from the reactor and cyclotron production of theranostic radionuclides and their separation from irradiated targets; through radiolabelling of various biomolecules or nanostructures; up to preclinical in vitro and in vivo evaluation demonstrating their diagnostic potential or therapeutic efficacy.
PhD students will work on new approaches for stable coupling of medically useful radionuclides
to biomolecules (monoclonal antibodies or their fragments, peptides and organic small molecules) either through chelating agents, prosthetic groups or nanoparticles, e.g. micelles, liposomes
or inorganic/organic nanoparticles. Various diagnostic (18F, 89Zr, 68Ga, 99mTc, 44Sc etc) and therapeutic (90Y, 177Lu, 131I, 225Ac, 227Th etc) radionuclides will be used. The synthesized radiolabelled compounds will be purified with utilization of preparative analytical methods such as dialysis, size exclusion or reversed-phase high-performance chromatography (SEC or RP-HPLC) and others. Radiolabelled biomolecules will be tested in vitro for their biological properties, including immunoreactivity, receptor binding affinity and specificity assays on tumour cells, cytotoxicity tests (e.g. cell proliferation, clonogenic assay, DNA double-strand break analysis), 3D cell culture etc. Also in vivo imaging and biodistribution studies are planned.
Research studies will be done in close collaboration with the research team of Radioisotope Centre POLATOM at NCBJ, a worldwide known manufacturer of radiopharmaceuticals, as well as with prominent scientists in the field of radiopharmaceutical sciences from CEA/JOLIOT partners in France and VTT in Finland.
During their employment, PhD candidates are required to timely fulfil all the obligations connected with the process of obtaining the Doctoral degree in the chosen scientific discipline
(such as evaluation, passing exams, participating in lectures and other activities).
Preferred background: chemistry, radiochemistry, biology, biotechnology, pharmacy or related.
National Centre for Nuclear Research (NCBJ), ul. Andrzeja Sołtana 7, 05-400 Otwock, Poland
(Suburb of Warsaw, efficient and free daily bus transport service provided).
7,000 PLN per month (at current exchange rate 1,550 € per month); the details in each case depend on qualifications and experience, and the compensation is composed of the base salary and seniority addition, project bonus).
Read more about contributions in Poland at https://www.ncbj.gov.pl/en/hrcareer/contributions-poland
2 years initial employment with extension after a positive evaluation.
Work in international network with research institutes and industrial companies.
Access to the research potential of NOMATEN’s three partners between NCBJ (Poland), CEA (France) and VTT (Finland).
Some of the positions are for joint collaborative research with NOMATEN partners CEA (France) and VTT (Finland) and thus include extensive visits to the collaborating institution.
Travel funds for participation in conferences and collaboration, attractive working conditions, atmosphere of teamwork, family-friendly environment with flexible working hours, support of an experienced local team in legal, financial and organisational issues as well as logistic support and advice related to working in Poland - enabling smooth relocation and equal opportunities.
- cover letter that explains the motivating factors for considering the position (max. 1 pp),
- CV with complete publication list,
- brief description of important scientific achievements and scientific outlook,
- a list of 2 reference persons including their positions and contact details (e-mail address),
- MSc diploma copy/scan
The recruitment is open to candidates who, at the time of submitting their applications, do not have a diploma confirming MSc, but who have a fixed date for obtaining this title before the planned date of employment. In this case, it is necessary to provide documents that prove that.
- as an attachment to your application please sign and enclose the following declaration: I agree to the processing of my personal data included in this application for the needs necessary to carry out the recruitment.
Applications in electronic form should be submitted in English to: email@example.com
Candidates may be asked to provide additional documents. We reserve the right to contact only selected candidates and the right to inform about the decision to fill the post only to the selected candidate.
Candidates may be asked to provide additional documents. In the selection process, short-listed candidates will be interviewed in person or remotely.
Position starts on: February 1st, 2022 (at the earliest).
INFORMATION CLAUSE ON PERSONAL DATA PROCESSING:
1. The controllers of the personal data processed during the recruitment process are:
1) National Centre for Nuclear Research, ul.Andrzeja Sołtana 7, 05-400 Otwock and
2) Foundation for Polish Science, ul. I. Krasickiego 20/22, 02-611 Warszawa.
2. The data protection officer can be contacted by using the following address:
1) Personal Data Protection Officer, National Centre for Nuclear Research,
Sołtana 7, 05-400 Otwock, Poland
3. Providing data contained in recruitment documents is a condition for applying for a job at NCBJ.
4. Processing of the personal data for the purpose of filling the position listed in this announcement and to conduct subsequent recruitment is done on the basis of expressed consents. You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time, without affecting the lawfulness of the processing based on consent before its withdrawal.
5. Your personal data will not be made available to other data recipients.
6. Your personal data will not be transferred to a third country or to an international organization.
7. No automated individual decision-making and profiling as referred in Article 22 (1) and (4) GDPR is done during recruitment conducted by NCBJ. This means that no decisions regarding job candidates are made automatically and that no job candidate profiles are made.
8. In the case you have been unsuccessful in applying for the position listed in this announcement and you haven’t given consent to store the collected personal data in the NCBJ recruitment database, your data will be erased no later than 12 years from the completion of recruitment process, but no longer than the date of the end of the durability period of the project, which will find its basis in the provisions governing project financing.
9. You have the right to access your personal data, request its rectification or erasure. Filing a request to erase data is tantamount to withdrawal from the recruitment process. You have also the right to request restriction of processing in cases specified in Article 18 GDPR.
10. You have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority (President of the Office for Personal Data Protection) about unlawful processing of your personal data. The right to file a complaint only concerns the lawfulness of the processing of personal data, not the recruitment process.
The National Centre for Nuclear Research is awarded by “HR Excellence in Research”. Recruitment is based on OTM-R system (Open, Transparent and Merit-based recruitment practices in Research Performing Organisations).
This project has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under grant agreement No 857470 and Foundation for Polish Science International Research Agenda PLUS programme grant No MAB PLUS/2018/8 co-financed by the European Union under the European Regional Development Fund the Smart Growth Operational Programme.